CBT and DBT Group Programs
Sara Schreiber, Director of Group Therapy- Scarsdale
Lexi Wernick, Director of Group Therapy- Brooklyn
Our Group CBT Program’s mission is to help each group member thrive socially, psychologically, and academically by providing social-emotional skill-building and practice for children, adolescents, and young adults experiencing difficulty across various situations and life domains. We integrate developmental considerations with hands-on role-plays and exercises to teach children and adolescents to develop self-confidence and emotion regulation in challenging settings. Our groups begin as young as 5-years-old and range to young adults. We also offer Parenting Groups utilizing Parent Management Training. We pride ourselves in tailoring our groups to each group member’s age and developmental level, symptom presentation, and specific needs.
The following groups are held at CFI:
- Groups for Social Anixety and Social Skills (CBT) -- This is a CBT based group for kids, teens, and young adults impacted by social anxiety and/or require social skills training. The group educates participants about the nature of social anxiety and will focus on identification and gradual, step-wise practice of each member's challenging or anxiety-provoking social situations in a safe, collaborative, and supportive environment. The group also helps build self-confidence in social settings and provides participants with tolls to be more effective in their daily lives.
- Transitioning from High School to College with Social Anxiety- This group is offered in the late spring and early summer for high school seniors/new graduates who are going to college and have social anxiety.
- Dialectical Beahvioral Therapy (DBT) – Our DBT skills group provides individuals with a toolbox to improve emotion regulation and develop positive coping skills incorporating mindfulness, distress tolerance, and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Parenting Groups using Parent Management Training (PMT) - PMT focuses on teaching parents skills to deal more effectively with their child's challenging behaviors. Ideal for parents of children ages 3-13, PMT is taught by the therapist, and practiced in session and at home by the parents. PMT is typically a 10 week group.
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) – For survivors and relatives of survivors of trauma; uses CBT techniques to understand and cope with trauma related symptoms.
Need support during this difficult time?
We at CFI are thrilled to announce our upcoming virtual, supportive, evidence-based, and donations-based groups, parent workshops, and individual therapy sessions brought to you by the Weissman Children's Foundation.
For more information or to register, please contact email@example.com.
1. Are You a Medical Professional Struggling During This Difficult Time?
2. Was Your College Semester Cut Short?
3. Balancing Work, Children, and Your Own Needs During The Covid Crisis?
Coming this summer, 2020 to CFI-LI in Roslyn:
1) CBT Groups for Social Anxiety and Social Skills for all ages
2) Transitioning from High School to College with Social Anxiety
3) For Current College Students home for the Summer: CBT Group for Social Anxiety and Social Skills
4) Parenting Groups using Parent Management Training (PMT)
If you are interested in joining one of our CBT/DBT groups, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to schedule an intake session.
Group Therapy Clinical Team
Sara Schreiber, LMSW, Director of Group Therapy, Scarsdale
Lexi Wernick, LMSW, Director of Group Therapy, Brooklyn
Elana Dumont, Psy.D., Senior Consultant
Lauren Ciubotaru, Intake Coordinator/Group Co-Leader
Adam S. Weissman, Ph.D., Chief Psychologist
Adam S. Weissman, Ph.D.
14 Harwood Court, Suite 512/514
Scarsdale, NY 10583
2 Greenwich Office Park, Suite 300
Greenwich, CT 06831
350 Madison Avenue, 1st Floor
Cresskill, NJ 07626
20 East 49th Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017
118 North Bedford Road
Mt. Kisco, NY 10549
CFI-Park Slope (8th Avenue office):
83 8th Ave., Ground Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11215
CFI-Park Slope (Plaza Street office):
34 Plaza Street East, Suite P105
Brooklyn, NY 11238
CFI-Park Slope (6th Avenue office):
224 6th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11215
CFI-Park Slope (4th Avenue office):
110 4th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11217
CFI-Park Slope (Carroll Gardens office):
436 Court Street (Court and 2nd)
Brooklyn, NY 11231
142 Mineola Avenue, Suite 3B
Roslyn Heights , NY 11577
With Telehealth Services/Satellite Offices in Florida, Michigan, and California
Intake Line: (914) 361-5283
Content Copyright © 2011 Adam S. Weissman, Ph.D. All Rights Reserved.